National Flag Football has teamed up with Henry Ford Health System and the Game On Cancer campaign for a unique “once in a lifetime” opportunity to have your kids play flag football at FORD FIELD while also helping to raise money for cancer research and patient needs at the Josephine Ford Cancer Institute (JFCI).
We are proud to team up with Game On Cancer for the fourth year in a row for an exciting day of youth flag football at the Detroit Lions very own, Ford Field. Game on Cancer is an unprecedented initiative and partnership between the Detroit Lions and Henry Ford Health System to significantly raise awareness and funds for Detroit metropolitan area patient services and cancer research at JFCI. Over the last three years, we have raised $100,000.00 for Game On Cancer. What an amazing accomplishment! Thank you, to all of our amazing fans and families who come together to make these events possible.
This tournament is OPEN INVITE!! Anyone can enter a team YOU DO NOT HAVE TO QUALIFY for this tournament.
This is a one day tournament where teams will compete in a three game round robin. Then, the top half of each bracket will advance into a single elimination playoff bracket.
This is a one day tournament that guarantees a minimum of 3 games. All teams will play a three game pool play and then the top half will be seeded into a single elimination bracket.
WHATS INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION?
-One team entry fee to play in a charity tournament on Ford Field.
-A Ford Field Locker Room Tour.
-Detroit Lions alumni may be present for a portion of the day, past Lions include tournament ambassadors, Lomas Brown and Herman Moore.
-A possible visit by the Detroit Lions mascot, Roary.
-A possible visit by the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders.
-Every player will receive a Participation Cinch Bag.
-A Once in a Lifetime Experience.
December 1, 2018 or When FULL (Midnight PST hard deadline, no registrations or payments accepted past this date)
MAX 48 teams Total
ALL TEAMS will use NFL Flag Belts for all Youth 5v5 formats.
RULES AND REGULATIONS AT FORD FIELD
1. All teams and spectators will enter through Gate G located off of St. Antoine Street on the Eastside of the building. Click Here for a visual for where to park.
2. There is a fee to park in the lot of $4 per vehicle.
3. There will be a $5 gate fee per person NOT including team participants and coaching staff (up to 3 coaches).
4. All family members must sit in the general admission seating which is the lower bowl of Ford Field.
5. There are no outside food or drinks allowed. Concessions will be sold. Hydration stations as well as snacks will be provided for participating teams.
THE VENUE FORD FIELD, the HOME to your Detroit Lions!
DIRECTIONS: FORD FIELD – 2000 Brush St, Detroit, MI 48226