Battle Orlando Questions & Answers
The Battle Orlando $30,000 flag football tournament’s registration opens tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov 1st) at 3pm EST, and we’ve had a couple questions asked lately that we wanted to address below with important information regarding registration, team rosters, payment and more! Let us know if you have any other questions we can address by posting in our Battle Orlando Q&A Forums here!
- How do we register? At 3pm EST tomorrow, we will send out an email blast, along with social media posts linking directly to the registration page for Battle Orlando. You’ll want to register as soon as possible thanks to our Draft Style Seeding with more information on why here.
- When is registration deadline? Friday, May 5th is the deadline for team captains to register and pay their $50 player fee which is considered the deposit. If you’ve registered and not paid, you must pay by midnight on Friday, May 5th, and must have minimum roster paid by Friday, May 12th to be officially entered.
- Do we have to get player emails and pay online? YES. Team players can still register all the way up to the day before the tournament, but all players MUST register and pay online, and anyone not paid will not be considered a part of the official roster. There will be NO on-site registrations or check-in for Battle Orlando.
- What times will the tournament start and end? The tournament is scheduled to start at 12:00pm on Friday, and should end by 6pm Sunday. More information will be coming out once registration closes in regards to which divisions will start around what time and on what days.
- Can you play in multiple formats and divisions? Yes, you can play in any or all divisions that you are able to play in and eligible for, but we are NOT guaranteeing scheduling at this time. We have large roster sizes, so similar to USFTL Nationals, I would load it up to max if you feel you’ll have some players going back and forth between formats. Due to our Draft Style Seeding, you could have some input over game times initially for your bracket by choosing your seed, but with double elimination, it’ll all depend on how the bracket plays out.
- How do team rosters work? Every team must submit a team roster online by going to your Dashboard once registered (click here to go now and log in if not already) and clicking on “Manage or Add Players” link in the Role/Team column for your team, then the “Add players to your team” button, then the “Invite Players” button. Here you can enter their email and send a custom message, where they will accept and can pay their $50 player registration. You can add players to your roster all the way up through midnight EST on Thursday, May 25th, but they MUST be paid in order to be considered officially on your roster.
- How many players can I have on our roster? For 4v4 & 5v5, you may have up to 12 players, for 7v7, 8v8 & 9v9 you man have up to 30 players.
- Can we pay at the field instead of online? NO, all players and captains must pay online in order to be considered a part of the tournament, and no registrations will be accepted at the fields.
- How do we book hotels? We HIGHLY recommend using our Hotels.com link here to book your stay (click on the Battle Orlando button at the bottom), as we have exclusive discounts and already have a custom list of hotels and rental properties sorted by proximity to the fields, but you can customize this search for price and other options as well.
- What rules are used for each format? For 4man rules click here. Important new rule change for 4man: “Only 1 lateral or throwback behind the line of scrimmage is allowed for the player to remain a quarterback. If a second throwback occurs behind the line of scrimmage, that player is now considered a runner and may not advance the ball forward through the air or will be penalized for an illegal forward pass.” For 7man, we’re using NIRSA rules, click here for 7man rules. For 8man and 9man Contact rules, we’re using standard USFTL 8man Contact rules. 8man Screen rules we are using can be found here.
- Which airports are closest for flying in? Orlando, FL. Click here for more information on travel and local amenities.